Market Sales Manager, Home Improvement
Market Sales Management Leadership Opportunity in Leading Area Remodeling Firm
Under the direction of the Area Sales Manager, the Market Sales Manager is responsible for generating revenue and the management of sales activities in a market location, including training, reviewing, and monitoring Sales Design Consultant responsibilities, and maintaining personal and team-assigned budgeted sales quotas.
Essential Job Functions
- Meet or exceed team and personal projected sales quotas on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis by training, coaching, and developing a team of Sales Design Consultants.
- Maintain team staffing at assigned budgeted headcount.
- Train assigned Sales Design Consultants on the ImproveIt Selling Process.
- Train assigned Sales Design Consultants on new selling techniques as outlined by sales and learning development leadership.
- Monitor a 12-week development plan and milestones and ensure a newly assigned Sales Design Consultant is prepared and tested prior to being issued a company-generated lead, providing ongoing training that includes boot camps, infield observations, and 1:1 training.
- Set goals and conduct periodic reviews for assigned Sales Design Consultants to inform them of their progress, offer suggestions for improvement, create action plans to increase performance, and provide continual feedback.
- Conduct regular visits to customers’ homes to monitor the assigned Sales Design Consultant’s presentation techniques and complete observation forms to provide positive feedback and areas of opportunity.
- Conduct full in-home product presentations to customers via scheduled sales appointments utilizing the complete Improveit! selling process in order to achieve the required metrics and performance results.
- Maintains acceptable personal sales performance metrics at or above company performance expectations.
- Sets the example with Sales Design Consultants for a professional appearance, performance and presentation, closing, and technical expertise.
- Inform Sales Design Consultants of proper production procedures.
- Holding assigned Sales Design Consultants responsible for meeting expectations, offering to retrain as needed, and releasing the representative if the expectations are not met according to company policy.
- Remove obstacles that prevent jobs from being installed, managing resells, rehash, loan closes and cancelations for assigned Sales Design Consultants.
- Keep in regular contact with customers, apprising them of any delays with their project in order to provide the best customer experience and avoid escalations.
- Conduct regular sales meetings to inform sales representatives of individual, group, and company progress, including role-playing, script rehearsal, motivation techniques, and suggestions for improvement.
- Participates in new-hire Sales Design Consultant training.
- Attend and participate in all required management meetings, including informing of sales progress and ideas for improvement.
- Understand the business model, cost per lead, minimum net sales per issued lead, and net close percentage and manage effectively to those metrics.
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned by management.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Knowledge of Improveit products, including prices
- Knowledge of selling procedures and “best practices”
- Knowledge of math, including quick totaling of sales price and multiplication of footage
- Knowledge of aspects of windows and bathroom construction initiation
- Knowledge of financing issues and restrictions
- Skill in recruiting, training and onboarding
- Skill in closing sales
- Skill in conflict resolution
- Skill in coaching and motivation techniques
- Skill in construction measurement techniques
- Skills in time management
- Skills in planning and organization with a proactive approach
- Ability to produce designs for the customer
- Ability to recognize problems and offer suggestions for improvements
- Ability to interpret customer comments into appropriate actions and comments
- Ability to “read” people and resolve customer/spouse differences and arguments
- Ability to relate positively to the customer
- Ability to develop rapport and a relationship with customers
- Ability to multi-task and make decisions with varied degrees of information
- Must have strong attention to detail and accuracy
- 5+ years prior experience in direct sales in home improvement, remodeling, replacement contracting, or related home services market
- Experience which demonstrates success in selling home improvement-related products
- Prior managerial or supervisory position, preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior college or university courses, preferred
- Prior training in sales or marketing
What We Offer:
- Uncapped earning potential, (up to $200K+ annually)
- Pre-set, in-home appointments each day for your and your reps
- No pressure to cold call or set your own appointments
- Schedule flexibility
- Extensive paid training program and ongoing education and training & coaching from top reps and industry pros
- Career advancement options into higher leadership roles
- Backing and stability of a 33-year-old industry leader who spends millions to support your success
- Culture that feels like family, centered around putting customers first, winning together and being 100% committed to excellence in all we do
- Great company-branded apparel and swag
- Exclusive, high-quality products backed by lifetime warranties
- Growth opportunities, including our powerful Sales Manager-in-Training Program
- Sales contests and other performance-based rewards, including trips and prizes
Serving the needs of homeowners since 1989, Improveit! Home Remodeling is a leading replacement contracting company headquartered in Columbus Ohio. Markets served include Columbus, Dayton, Cincinnati, Louisville, Lexington and Southern Indiana. We specialize in replacement windows and bathroom remodeling, with kitchen transformations coming soon. BBB-Accredited and 24-time Consumers’ Choice Awards Winners, we’ve completed over 60,000 jobs with about one in four of those being for a repeat customer.
We foster a culture focused on winning and our passion is deeply rooted in continuous improvement. We seek leaders who are interested in developing leaders. For us, “Improveit” is more than a name – it’s an attitude that governs all that we do for our staff, our customers, and our communities.
We value curiosity, passion, continuous improvement, and the relentless pursuit of excellence. If working for an organization that is driven to be the best and understands that it takes a stellar mix of people, processes, and technology to be a leader, this could be the home for you. If the idea of helping our organization grow through sales excellence and being a part of helping an incredible Company reach even greater heights sounds like music to your ears, we invite you to apply today.